Vivo Energy South Africa Accounts Payable Internships 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for internship programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for internship programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest internship programmes at Vivo Energy South Africa Accounts Payable Internships 2024 and how to apply.
An internship is a period of work experience offered by an organization for a limited period of time. It is typically undertaken by students and graduates looking to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field. Employers benefit from these placements because they often recruit employees from their best interns, who have known capabilities, thus saving time and money in the long run.
Vivo Energy South Africa invites unemployed graduates to apply for Accounts Payable Internship Programme 2024.
Internship Location: Cape Town City Centre, Western Cape
Vivo Energy South Africa are looking for an Accounts Payable Intern to join their team! The duration of this contract will be for 12 months, with the possibility to extend through mutual agreement. The incumbent will need to reside in Cape Town and adhere to our current hybrid working policy, consisting of at least 3 days working in office and 2 days working remotely.
Who are we?
We’re a market-leading, pan-African retailer and distributor of high-quality Shell and Engen-branded fuels and lubricants to Retail and Commercial customers across the continent, with a growing Non-fuel retail offering. Operating in 23 robust and growing markets, we make our customers’ lives easier and their experience with us more convenient, enjoyable and rewarding.
The intern will work closely within our AP department. The incumbent will need to ensure that all invoices are captured, on time and in full, in accordance to the Company policy, leading to the correct payment process.
–Accounts Payable Process:
- Check the validity of invoices
- Ensure that invoices are correctly recorded – receipted by the relevant department and correctly matched (maximum of around 100 invoices per month)
- Ensure timely payments to suppliers
- Resolve queries and disputes on supplier accounts
- Ensure that invoices not recorded at month end are accrued
- Assist with timely closing of accounts
- Weekly payment listing
- Send SVL Payments to Citibank
- Advise Citibank on payment of SVL invoices
- Reporting on SVL overdues
- Prepare schedule of open Purchase Orders older than 1 month
- Analyze and document these Purchase Orders
- Ensure closure and/or receipts of these Purchase Orders
- Assist with Concur processing and reconciliation
-Reconciling Supplier Accounts
- Ensure that reconciliations of Supplier Account Balances
- Perform AP Supplier reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Attend to any ad-hoc query as may be raised from time to time.
- Degree in accounting (preferable) or Diploma in accounting.
- 6-12 months prior work experience (preferable)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage demands.
- Adhere to strict deadlines and good time management skills
How to apply
Application Deadline: Not specified
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.