Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at the Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone for 2023/2024 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
The Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) invites applications from South Africa students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 25 January 2023
Bursaries will be awarded to students who reside within the King Cetshwayo District, in KwaZulu-Natal, for undergraduate degree studies within the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology
- Marine / Maritime
- Mechanical Engineering
Successful candidates will be selected based on 2 main criteria: academic merit and financial need. Students may also be selected for an assessment programme, depending on their performance.
The candidates acceptance into the bursary programme will be determined by the success of their interview; the bursary is also renewable annually based on the recipients conduct and academic performance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 28 February 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the King Cetshwayo District, in KwaZulu-Natal province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 5 for English in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 5 for Mathematics (Core) in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 5 for Physical Science in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 5 for Accounting in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 5 for Economics in Matric
- You must intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2023
- You must be accepted to study at a recognised and accredited University or University of Technology in South Africa
- You must have proven financial need
How to apply
Download and complete the RBIDZ Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ statement of results if certificate is not yet available (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance from a University or University of Technology (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (3 months payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployment, SASSA grant income or pension if applicable) (certified copy)
- Reference letter from a teacher or community leader (read our tips on getting a reference letter/ testimonial for your bursary application)
- Motivational letter stating why you want to study at your selected University or University of Technology, what you intend on studying and your career aspirations (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Proof of residence in King Cetshwayo District
Note: documents must be certified by commissioner of oaths, within the last 3 months.
Applications must be submitted via email to: Gcinile.Lembede@rbidz.co.za
(Insert the words “RBIDZ Bursary Application 2023” in the email subject line).
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.