Rio Tinto / Richards Bay Minerals Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursary programmes at Rio Tinto / Richards Bay for 2023 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Rio Tinto / Richards Bay Minerals invites student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 23 September 2022
Richards Bay Minerals is committed to develop and expand South Africa’s skills base. We provide bursary opportunities to South Africans to acquire qualifications and skills to develop a career in Core – Mining or Non-core disciplines.
If you are a high calibre scholar / student looking for a bursary opportunity, we can offer you one of the widest and most exciting range of opportunities available.
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to join a global leader in the mining and metals sector, apply today for an exciting tomorrow.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Engineering (Chemical/Metallurgy/Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical)
- Engineering (Civil/Geomatics/Mechatronics)
- Computer Science / Information Technology
- Actuarial Science
- Finance & Business: (Accounting)
Eligibility Requirements :
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Matric Term Results with Maths and/Science for Engineering Disciplines
- Matric Term results with minimum Level 5 pass per subject for Other Disciplines
- Studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Currently in your Matric OR 1st year of study
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- In financial need
- Passionate about your field of study
- We encourage students with a disability to apply
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric Term Results (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution
- Motivation letter for chosen field of study
- Proof of financial need (parent/guardian payslip or affidavit)
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Rio Tinto/ Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) Bursary Application 2023
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.