Imerys Refractory Bursaries 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at Imerys Refractory Bursaries 2024/2025 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Imerys Refractory invite South African students to submit applications for the for the academic year 2024.
About the Bursary Provider – Imerys Refractory
Imerys Refractory has 16 production sites globally, providing aluminosilicate minerals to industries like foundry, refractories, and ceramics. Their product range includes chamottes, aluminosilicates, mullite, calcined clays, fused silica, andalusite, metakaolins, refractory grade clays, and other fused minerals.
About the Imerys Refractory Bursary Program – Fields Covered
Imerys Refractory Minerals South Africa invites students to apply for their 2024 bursary program. Bursaries are available for employees, their children and dependents, as well as students in the community (Thabazimbi, Skierlik, Smashblock, and Northam in Limpopo). Fields covered include Analytical Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Engineering N courses, Environmental Sciences, Finance/Accounting, Geology, Human Resources, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Safety Management, and Supply Chain.
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Employee of Imerys Refractory Minerals South Africa OR child/dependent of employees OR reside in the community (Thabazimbi, Skierlik, Smashblock, and Northam in Limpopo)
- Completed Matric
- Studying or intending to study towards a qualification in one of the listed fields in 2024
- Studying or accepted to study at a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa
How to Apply
- Collect a copy of the skills development application form from the site HR representative or skills development committee members.
- Refer to the relevant learning and development policies for additional information.
- Return the completed application form with an acceptance letter from your institution to the HR representative.
- Apply by sending clear copies of required documentation via hand delivery at the Rhino Mine Security gate or email to: [email protected]
- Use the subject line: “Imerys Refractory Bursary 2024”.
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- University academic record if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institute’s letterhead)
- Motivational letter/letter of interest
- Proof of address: stamped letter from the municipality or traditional authority
Notes About the Imerys Refractory Bursary
- Submission does not guarantee funding.
- The outcome depends on company compliance, objectives, fund availability, and eligible applicants.
- The company’s Skills Development Committee will finalize the selection process.
- Dependent or community member applicants may be required to complete experiential learning at the company’s discretion.
Application Deadline: 29 February 2024 (Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted).
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.