Ekapa Minerals Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at the Ekapa Minerals for 2023/2024 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Last updated on March 8th, 2023 at 10:18 am
Ekapa Minerals invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 10 March 2023
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields, to students residing in the Frances Baard Municipality:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation and meals or an allowance, annual cash and a travel allowance. Bursary recipients will also receive life skills training if required and partake in compulsory practical vacation work at EKAPA Operations over the December/ January holidays.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 30 days of the closing date. If you do not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo the recruitment and selection process, which includes a panel interview, pre-screening, profile testing, various assessments, medical clearance and security clearance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the labour sending area of Frances Baard Municipality, in the Northern Cape province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a qualification within one of the fields of study listed above
- You must in your 2nd year of study in 2023
- You must be studying at a University or University of Technology within South Africa (preferably
the University of Witwatersrand, Technikon Witwatersrand, and University of Pretoria)
- You must have a strong academic record
- Preference will be given to dependents of permanent employees, dependents on Company scholarship programmes as well as individuals from local communities who are South Africa citizens
- Preference will be given to EE applicants
How to apply
Students who meet the above eligibility criteria, may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a University or University of Technology
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the following reference number in the email subject line: “EKAPA245”).
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.