Association for Educational Transformation (ASSET) Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursary programmes at Association for Educational Transformation (ASSET) for 2023 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Association for Educational Transformation (ASSET) invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Bursaries are awarded each year, for studies towards a first Undergraduate qualification (degree, diploma or higher certificate) in ANY field of study, within the Western Cape.
ASSET bursaries are awarded from the ASSET Educational Trust (AET), as well as from other individuals, trusts and organisations who wish to support tertiary students in the Western Cape. These bursaries aim to provide financial assistance to Western Cape students who are deserving in terms of merit and need.
The partial bursary will provide cover for a portion of registration fees, tuition fees and books – the amount is variable and will be paid directly to the institution. Students are encouraged to apply for other loans or bursaries to cover the balance of their fees.
Bursaries will support students for the entire duration of their undergraduate studies, on condition that they maintain good grades. Students must reapply for funding each year.
ASSET bursaries are not repayable, but bursary recipients should join the ASSET Alumni Association, assist in the office when applicable and give back after graduation.
Bursaries will be awarded based on academic merit and financial need. The most important criteria is the means test – a test used to determination eligibility for government financial assistance, based on family income.
Successful candidates will be notified by no later than 28 February 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Western Cape province
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards a first undergraduate qualification, in 2023
- You must meet the criteria for your selected field of study
- You must be studying or intend on studying one of these institutions within the Western Cape: University of Cape Town, University of the Western Cape, University of Stellenbosch or Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- You must pass the means test and fall within the “Missing Middle” (have a total monthly income of less than R18 000 for a family with 2 children – this can increase by R2000 per child for up to four children, with a combined income of between R350 000 and R600 000 per annum)
- You must NOT have lost NSFAS funding due to poor performance exclusion
- Preference will be given to students from rural areas and/ or informal settlements, whose social background has restricted their access to equal education
- Preference will be given to students who have achieved University entrance, despite attending a school deemed to be ‘dysfunctional’
- Preference will be given to students who have achieved above average results, in subjects related to their course of study
- Preference will be given to students who have an excellent attendance record and have been committed to the ASSET Learner Development Programme (Saturday School)
How to apply
Download and complete the relevant application form:
New or first-time applicants: ASSET Bursary Application Form (New Applicants) (.pdf)
Existing bursary holders: ASSET Bursary Application Form (Renewal) (.pdf)
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.