Western Cape Government Learnerships 2023/2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for internship programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for internship programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest internship programmes at Western Cape Government for 2023/2024 and how to apply.
An internship is a period of work experience offered by an organization for a limited period of time. It is typically undertaken by students and graduates looking to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field. Employers benefit from these placements because they often recruit employees from their best interns, who have known capabilities, thus saving time and money in the long run.
Western Cape Government invites unemployed youth to apply for Learnership Programme 2023.
Learnership Application Closing Date : 27 January 2023
Learnership Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The Western Cape Government invites matriculants between the ages of 17 – 24 to apply for the First Work Experience Pay Programme 2023
The First Work Experience Pay Programme will provide matriculants with work experience and training within one of the 13 Western Cape Government Departments beginning 1 April 2023 until 31 March 2024. During this time you will receive a monthly stipend to cover your expenses.
Training and development will be provided in the following departments:
- Department of the Premier;
- Department of Agriculture;
- Department of Community Safety;
- Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport;
- Department of Economic Development and Tourism;
- Department of Environmental Affairs & Development Planning;
- Department of Health (and Wellnes);
- Department of Transport and Public Works (Mobility);
- Department of Local Government;
- Department of Social Development;
- Department of Human Settlements (Infrastructure);
- Provincial Treasury;
- Western Cape Education Department (WCED).
NB. Please make sure that you have read the different requirements in the PAY Recruitment Guide before you make your choice of preference for a specific Department.
- You have written a National Senior Certificate exam (NSC) in the Western Cape,
- Only applicants who passed the final examinations will be considered;
- You are not going to study further in 2023;
- You have No Work Experience;
- You have not already studied after matric;
- You are a South African citizen and reside in the Western Cape;
- You are between the ages of 17 and 24;
- You are not sure of the next step
Why should you apply?
- You will acquire skills and work experience that will make you more marketable to future employers.
- You get contactable references on your CV.
- You will have career awareness exposure to assist you to make informed career choices together with a network to support and guide you.
How to apply
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates