Transnet Freight Rail Sector Specific Learnerships 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Learnerships programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for the Learnerships programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Learnerships programmes at Transnet Freight Rail Sector Specific Learnerships 2024/2025 and how to apply.
A Learnerships Programmes can be described as a training programme that consists of both theoretical and practical elements. It offers a way for you to gain work experience, as well as an NQF registered qualification. This relates directly to an occupation or field of work.
Transnet Freight Rail invites unemployed graduates to apply for Sector Specific Internship Programme 2023 / 2024.
Traineeship Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Position Purpose: The purpose of the 12-month Training Programme is to cultivate a talent pipeline for critical roles within Transnet Port Terminals (TPT). The initiative aims to place learners in specific areas according to their academic backgrounds, career aspirations, and TPT’s business needs.
- Follow a structured training programme.
- Undergo performance reviews and assessments.
- Fulfill all duties as outlined in the development programme and as reasonably required by Transnet Port Terminals.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 / Matric or NQF Level 4 equivalent. Incumbent will be based at TPT Richards Bay Terminal.
- Completion of a Certificate programme in logistics, operations management, or related field is advantageous.
- Time management skills.
- Interpersonal skills and relationship building.
- Conflict management and resolution abilities.
- Effective writing skills.
- Self-motivation and attention to detail.
- Service-oriented with a can-do attitude.
- Integrity and ability to work under pressure.
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of Microsoft Packages.
- Capability to multi-task effectively.
Note: Preference will be given to individuals from the King Cetshwayo district.
How to apply
This training programme offers a structured approach to skill development and provides learners with an opportunity to acquire practical experience and expertise within the logistics and operations management domain. Candidates fitting the qualifications and competencies outlined are encouraged to apply, with preference given to candidates from the King Cetshwayo district.
Important Note: Transnet and its representatives never ask job seekers for a fee. Any such requests are fraudulent. Report any suspicious activities to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
Application Deadline: 06 December 2023
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.