South African Table Grape Industry (SATI) Bursaries 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at South African Table Grape Industry (SATI) Bursaries 2024/2025 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
South African Table Grape Industry (SATI) invites South African student to apply for Bursary Programme 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate (certificate, diploma, degree) and Postgraduate studies, in fields relevant to the table grape industry and its value chain, which include (but not limited to) the following fields:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Management (with intention to specialise in viticulture)
- Chemistry/ Biochemistry
- Food Science
- Horticultural Science
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- and other fields
The bursary will provide partial or full cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, study materials, accommodation, food and living expenses, as well as any other expenses which students can motivate. Bursary funding will be dependent on available budget and SATI CEO approval.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 year at a time and students must reapply for funding each year, which will be granted based on satisfactory academic performance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by mid January 2024 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be a Black student
- You must studying within a field of study relevant to the table grape industry (including but not limited to the fields listed above)
- You must studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification
- You must studying on a part-time or full-time basis
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average “D” symbol
- You must studying at a registered tertiary academic institution in South Africa
- You must be interested in pursuing a career within the table grape industry (or supporting industries)
- Preference will be given to students entering their second or higher year of study
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students, candidates in financial need and those already involved in the table grape industry and/ or form part of a table grape empowerment business/ initiative
- Preference will be given to land reform beneficiaries and their children
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: SATI Bursary Application 2024
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of highest qualification/s (certified copy)
- Most recent academic results (certified copy)
- Proof of registration and/or acceptance at an accredited tertiary institution
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed) (certified copy)
- Proof of your disability, if disabled (certified copy)
- Postgraduate candidates: research proposal and acceptance thereof by researchers
- Signed declaration of commitment from the career or study mentor
Application Deadline: 15 September 2023
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.