South African Road Federation (SARF) Bursaries 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at the South African Road Federation (SARF) for 2023/2024 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
The South African Road Federation (SARF) invites South African student to apply for Bursary Programme 2024 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 31 August 2023
The South African Road Federation (SARF) is inviting students to apply for their Study Bursary, for the 2024 academic year. Each year, the SARF awards bursaries for studies in disciplines within the road transport sector.
Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies, within these fields:
- Road Safety Engineering
- Road Transport Economics
- Road Transport Management
- Road Engineering (Civil Engineering / Traffic Engineering/ Bridge Engineering/ Pavement Engineering/ Transportation Planning/ Construction Materials/ Storm Water/ Environment/ Construction Management)
The SARF bursary is a partial bursary, to assist students with study related expenses. The bursary value will be determined based on the students needs and the Council of the Federation’s decision.
Bursary recipients will be required to:
- Make a presentation to your Federation local branch on your subject of study
- Submit a report of study progress every 6 months
- Enroll as an associate members of the SARF
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Preference will be given to South African residents, however members of SADC countries can also apply (the Southern African Development Community (SADC) includes 16 countries, namely: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe)
- You must be studying towards a qualification within one of the road transport fields listed above
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary in South Africa (University, University of Technology or equivalent)
- Your application must be endorsed by the correct academic authority at your selected tertiary institute
- National Diploma students: you must have passed the first semester (S1) exams
- Degree students: you must have passed the first year exams
- Preference will be given to those studying at advanced levels (MTech, MSc or higher), however undergraduate students can also apply
- Preference will be given to full-time students, however part-time and distance learning students can also apply
- Preference will be given to employees of members of the SARF
- You must intend on working within the South African road transport industry after graduation
How to apply
Download and complete the SARF Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 year end results (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent tertiary results (on institution letterhead)
Applications should be submitted to the South African Road Federation Head Office, in either of the following ways:
– Hand delivery:
South African Road Federation
48 Gladiator Street
P O Box 8379
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.