Premier Apprenticeships 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Apprenticeship programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Apprenticeship programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Apprenticeship programmes at Premier Apprenticeships 2024/2025 and how to apply.
A Apprenticeship is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Premier invites South African unemployed graduates to apply for Apprenticeship Programme 2024.
Apprenticeship Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
A career opportunity has arisen in the Production Department for Apprenticeship programme, Premier Wheat Mill – Durban.
What you will be doing?
- Complete theoretical courses through SAGMA whilst performing practical work in a milling environment.
- Work in designated areas as per your learning modules to gain practical experience and convert theoretical learning into practical understanding.
- Learn all key competencies of each department for a full understanding of the milling supply chain.
- Under the guidance of the Production Manager/Head Miller, be able to operate a mill at designated capacity with optimum extractions and produce finished products fit for human consumption.
- The apprenticeship will be a 3-year programme consisting of theoretical self-learning and practical application training (working shifts, weekend and public holidays).
- Grade 12 (not older than 24 months):
- Mathematics (not Maths Literacy): 60% and above
- Physical Science: 60% and above.
- No experience needed, the following skills and compentencies are required:
- Curious mindset with good problem-solving (reasoning) skills.
- Ability to operate in a pressurized environment.
- Ability to function in a team and work under minimal supervision.
- Enjoy working with mechanical systems / technically inclined.
- Process orientation & process improvement mindset.
- Pass each SAGMA module at the pass rate prescribed by management.
- Have good knowledge of the relevant department/area in the milling supply chain & able to perform required key tasks after the completion of each module.
- Perform any other tasks required by the Production Manager/Head Miller
How to apply
Application Deadline: 09 February 2024
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.