PPS Foundation Bursaries 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at PPS Foundation Bursaries 2024/2025 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
PPS Foundation invites qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme 2024 academic year.
PPS Foundation: Bursaries 2024
The PPS Foundation is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year. The bursary is available from the 1st year of study, through to Honours level.
Fields of study:
Bursaries will be awarded for degree studies within STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields, which are scarce and critical sectors in the country. Bursaries are also available for studies within the Humanities field.
Bursaries will be awarded based on 2 main criteria:
- Financial need
- Academic performance.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses:
- Tuition Fees,
- Text Books,
- Accommodation at University Residence.
NB. Students will also receive access to other resources, to reduce the challenges of the learning and teaching experience.
Bursary recipients in the 1st year of study will be required to attend on-campus contact support sessions, facilitated by the PPS Foundation, at certain times throughout the year.
Bursary recipients are required to submit their statement of results at the end of each semester, as soon as they are received, in order to continue receiving funding.
Eligibility Requirements for the Bursary
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or enrolled to study full time, at recognised public tertiary institution in South Africa (University or University of Technology)
- You must have a household income of NOT more than R600 000 per annum
- Preference will be given to students pursuing studies towards a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates and financially deserving Black candidates (African, Coloured, Indian)
How to apply
Applications must be done online at: PPS Foundation Bursary Application 2024
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documents along with your online application:
- ID document (certified copy – not older than 3 months)
- Matric certificate/ statement of results if certificate is not yet available (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date, including most recent transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration for current academic year (on institutions letterhead)
- Financial Statement from University student finance department
- Proforma invoices for prescribed books
- Lease agreements, if living in private accommodation
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
Application Deadline: 15 January 2024
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.