DMRE Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at the Sample for 2022/2023 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) invites students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students from disadvantaged backgrounds, for undergraduate studies within mining and energy related fields, preferably the following fields:
- Bachelor of Science (Physics)
- Chemical Engineering (Mineral Processing)
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Electro-Mechenical Engineering
- Environmental Health and Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering (Extractive)
- Mining Engineering
- Mining Survey
- Rock Engineering
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 31 January 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursaries will be awarded at the sole discretion of the DMRE and the Department reserves the right not to award a bursary if a suitable candidate is not found.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the fields of study listed above (undergraduate studies only – postgraduate qualifications will NOT be funded)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a University or University of Technology in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum level 6 or HG “B” symbol for Science in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum level 6 or HG “B” symbol for Mathematics in Matric
- You must be in financial need
- You must be from a disadvantaged social background and from a rural area
- You must be currently unemployed
- Preference will be given to 1st year students
- Preference will be given to female students and students with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DMRE BURSARY
Download DMRE Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or Matric latest results (certified copy)
- Latest academic transcript/ record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration or acceptance (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents death certificate, if deceased (certified copy)
- Affidavit if you do not know where one or both parents are
- Parents or guardians proof of income (payslips not older than 3 months if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of residence (municipal utility bill not older than 3 months/ stamped letter from tribal authority/ sworn affidavit)
- Motivational letter to support your application (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
Note: students currently in Matric must send their final matric results and final acceptance letters within the first week of the release of matric results.
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email: [email protected]
The Director: Ms. Nondumiso Zulu
The Department of Mineral Resources & Energy
70 Meintjies Street
Private Bag X59
Application Deadline: 30 November 2022
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.