Canon Collins Thekgo Bursary for Outstanding Debt 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at the Canon Collins Thekgo for 2023/2024 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Last updated on March 14th, 2023 at 09:09 am
Canon Collins Trust invites students to apply for Thekgo Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
|Bursary Provider:||Canon Collins Trust|
|Closing Date:||26 April 2023|
Canon Collins Trust Bursaries will be awarded to help cover outstanding student debt, for students who have completed Undergraduate or Honours qualifications in the following fields, at institutions within Gauteng, Mpumalanga and North West Provinces:
- Arts (including: Drama / Performance Studies, Digital Arts, Fine Arts / Visual Arts, Film and Television Studies, History of Art, Music)
- Gender Studies
- Languages and Literature
- Media Studies
Bursaries will be awarded to 4 students, to the maximum value of R10 000 each. Bursaries are awarded on a case-by-case basis, subject to availability of funds. Bursary awards will be paid directly to the University.
Successful candidates will be notified between May and June 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please consider your application unsuccessful. Please do NOT email to enquire about the outcome of your application.
Successful applicants will be required to submit a short biography and profile photo, to be presented in Canon Collins Thekgo Bursary reports. Successful applicants will also be required to email a copy of their degree certificate to [email protected], within 1 month after their debt is paid by Thekgo Bursary.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be of any African nationality (from ANY African counrty)
- You must have completed an Undergraduate or Honours qualification within one of the fields of study listed above (the bursary does NOT cover MA or PhD programmes)
- You must have completed your qualification at an institution in Gauteng, Mpumalanga and North West Provinces
- You must have outstanding student debt and have your degree certificates/ academic records withheld due to outstanding debt owed to the university (your outstanding debt must NOT be more than R10 000)
- You must have missed at least one graduation due to outstanding debt
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT have NSFAS debt or other scholarship debts
How to apply
Download and complete the Canon Collins Thekgo Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Please note the following when filling in your application form:
1) Do NOT write in capital letters.
2) Attach your application form and all the below supporting documents in 1 email.
3) Complete all the sections of the application form.
4) Pay attention to grammar and presentation.
5) Note that incomplete applications or applications with missing documents will not be considered.
6) Read the Canon Collins Thekgo Bursary Guidelines 2023 (.pdf) before applying.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document/ Passport (certified copy)
- Proof of academic grades of your completed qualification (certified copy)
- Recent university fees statement confirming outstanding debt of not more than R10 000 (certified copy)
- Proof of graduation missed or withheld degree certificate, due to outstanding debt (letter from the fees office or your Head of Department confirming this)
- Proof of financial need (3 months bank statements / affidavit or statement of oath confirming financial difficulties)
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates showing your commitment to your field of study
- Reference letter from someone in the academic department indicating your academic merit and the completion of all modules (this can be submitted after being shortlisted)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Thekgo Bursary 2023” in the email subject line).
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.