Western Cape Provincial Government Masakhi’Sizwe Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursary programmes at Western Cape Provincial Government for 2023 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Western Cape Provincial Government invites South African student to apply for Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies at Higher Education Institutions within the Western Cape, within the Transport, Engineering and Built Environment sector, specifically within these fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Property Studies
- Quantity Surveying
- Town/ City and Regional Planning
- Transport Economics
- Transportation Engineering
During the course of studies, bursary recipients may be required to perform the following during certain weekends: attend workshops; events and meetings, partake in academic experiential training and partake in outreach programmes.
Upon graduation, students are required to “work back” the bursary – the requirement is 1 year of work within the public sector, for every year of bursary funding received.
After graduation, bursary recipients who are employed by the Department of Transport and Public Works will be required to undergo a Professional Development Training Programme to acquire professional registration.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback by the end of February 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or you must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or you must intend on studying full-time, towards a Degree or Diploma in one of the fields listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or have applied to study at one of the following universities: University of Cape Town, University of Stellenbosch or Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- *Preference will be given to: financially disadvantaged students, female students, students with disabilities and students from rural communities
How to apply
Download and complete the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric most recent results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Most recent academic results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Full academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or application at one of the aforementioned tertiary institutions
- Full course outline for the 2023 academic year
- Study cost estimate for the 2023 academic year
- Proof of residential address (recent account or utility bill – not older than 3 months)
- Parents, guardians or spouse ID document (certified copy)
- Parents, guardians or spouse proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of any existing debt (if applicable)
- Proof of any other financial aid received (if applicable)
- Medical proof of disability (if disabled)
- Motivational letter to support your application
- Police clearance certificate (if you have a criminal record)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme
Private Bag X9185
– Hand delivery:
Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme
23rd Floor, The Box
9 Lower Burg Street
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE MASAKH’ISIZWE BURSARY
Applicants are encouraged to read the following before applying:
- Vision and objectives
- Appointment of graduates policy
- Bursary policy
- Placement policy
- Student support programmes
- Professional development programme
- In-service training
- Frequently Asked Questions
Bursary Application Closing Date: 31 August 2022
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.