Biography of Tumi Morake & Net Worth 2024.
Tumi Morake (born 22 December 1981) is a South African comedian, actress, TV personality, and writer.
In 2018, she became the first African woman to have her own set on Netflix. She is also known to be the first woman to host Comedy Central Presents in Africa.
Early life and Education
Morake was born in the Free State. She relocated to Gauteng in the year 2000 and there, she studied Drama at Wits University.
After completing her tertiary education at DUT, Morake started working at Arepp Theatre for Life, a touring educational theatre company. In July 2005, she joined the comedy industry. She worked at Parker Leisure Management and is known to perform regular stand-up gigs in Johannesburg and Pretoria. Some comedy festivals she has performed at include; Heavyweights Comedy Jam, Blacks Only, Have a Heart, Just Because Comedy Festival, The Tshwane Comedy Festival, The Lifestyle SA Festival and Old Mutual Comedy Encounters. She has hosted shows including; Our Perfect Wedding, Red Cake and WTFTumi (her talk show).
Morake has starred in several films and TV shows, including:
- Kota Life Crisis
- Soul Buddyz
- Izoso Connexion
- High Rollers
- Laugh Out Loud
- Soul Buddyz
- The Queen
- The Bantu Hour
- Seriously Single
- Tumi or Not Tumi (Netflix)
Awards and Recognitions
- She was named as one of The Free State Province’s Icons
- 2012- Awarded Entertainer of the Year at the 2012 Speakers of Note Award
- 2013 – She is a recipient of the Mboko Women in the Arts Award for Excellence in Comedy 2013
- 2016 – She won the Best Comedian Category of the YOU Spectacular Awards
- She won awarded the Savanna Comic Choice Awards as the Comic of the Year
She is married to Mpho Osei Tutu, a fellow South African actor and is a mother of three children.
Tumi Morake Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021
|$1 Million to $5 Million Approx
|Previous Year’s Net Worth (2020)