SAMPRA Development Fund Internships 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for internship programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for internship programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest internship programmes at SAMPRA Development Fund Internships 2024 and how to apply.
An internship is a period of work experience offered by an organization for a limited period of time. It is typically undertaken by students and graduates looking to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field. Employers benefit from these placements because they often recruit employees from their best interns, who have known capabilities, thus saving time and money in the long run.
The SAMPRA Development Fund invites unemployed graduates to apply for Innovators of Tomorrow Internship Programme 2024.
Internship Location: Johannesburg
The SAMPRA Development Fund has internship opportunities for two graduates who want to develop skills and experience in the music industry. The successful applicants will be placed at Paradise Africa Distribution based at 105 Oxford Road, Rosebank, Johannesburg. The applicants will gain experience in artist and label management, digital strategy & events. The applicant must have completed a post graduate qualification, BA or BCom with an accredited institution with a particular interest in the entertainment sector. The core experience areas are the following:
- Junior Label Management
- Building prospect acquisition lists which demonstrate an understanding of the qualified client and an attention to music business trends.
- Demonstrate an understanding of genres, artists, and labels relevant in the musical landscape.
- Act as a constant and reliable source of support to the label manager who will give advice and expertise for their roster of clients, always striving to add maximum value to their numerous releases and campaigns.
- Pro-actively provide insight, advice, and creative strategic planning support to the label managers who will engage with their clients in respect of their releases, catalogue, and revenue.
- Assisting the label manager in shaping and implementing new and ongoing release campaigns.
- Playlist curation across a number of DSPs.
- Demonstrate an invested interest in apps and technology that support client relations.
- Develop new media relationships and further develop our existing network list amongst relevant & new media outlets.
- Assisting and contributing to database development management and maintenance.
- Working directly with the leadership team directly on the ground and abroad.
- Personality traits that align with our goals: attention to detail, diligent, punctual, resourceful and forward thinking, initiative driven & an independent thinker.
- Paradise Representation
- Representing Paradise in the South African industry, including attending gigs, conferences and spreading the word.
- Being aware of changes and developments in the South African music market, with particular emphasis on competitor activity.
- To act as an integral member of the team with the ability to motivate and inspire others to consistently improve and develop both their skills and Paradise’s results.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends, new entrants in the DSP space, and other social, merch and fan experience vehicles that impact streaming.
The following are key requirements:
- A completed qualification in a relevant field of study;
- No work experience;
- Proof of qualification (certified copy of transcript or qualification);
- Should be close or a driving distance to Rosebank;
- A South African citizen;
- Willingness to take instructions and follow company rules and protocols;
- Passionate about music and possess positive energy, and
- Outgoing and vibrant personality.
How to apply
All interns will be required to attend company events (some might include Saturdays or evenings). Should you possess all the above qualities and meet most of the requirements, please email a concise CV and certified copies of your qualifications and/or transcripts to [email protected] by close of business, 26 January 2024. The internship will be for a period of 12 months at Paradise Africa Distribution. The placed intern will receive a stipend of R6 500.00 per month. Should you not hear from us six weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful as communication will only be entered into with shortlisted applicants.
Application Deadline: 26 January 2024
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.