Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSiRA) Bursaries 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSiRA) Bursaries 2024/2025 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
The Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSiRA) invites student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
The Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSiRA) was established in 2002 to regulate the private security industry in South Africa. PSiRA’s primary objectives include effective control over the practice of the occupation of security service providers and ensuring confidence in the legitimacy and occupational practices of the private security industry.
South Africans have confidence in the legitimacy, occupational practices, and transformation of the Private Security Industry.
Effective regulation of the Private Security Industry to enable professional and respected security service providers.
PSiRA invites qualifying learners to apply for Financial Aid towards the study fees of security officers’ legal children accepted to study at institutions accredited and registered with the Department of Higher Education across South Africa. The Financial Aid is for the 2024 Academic year and is part of the PSiRA Corporate Social Investment (CSI) in the Security Sector.
WHAT THE BURSARY COVERS
PSiRA will pay study fees for successful applicants with a legal parent who is registered with PSiRA as a security officer. Financial Aid will be awarded to learners who reside within the following regions:
|NUMBER OF LEARNERS TO BE FUNDED
- The application must be submitted by the learner’s legal parent, making reference to their PSiRA registration number.
- Certified ID copies of the legal parent and learner must be submitted with the application. Certificates should have been certified within a period of 3 months.
- The parent and learner must be South African.
- The learner must be 18 to 35 years old.
- Learners must have completed Grade 12 and be enrolled with the institution.
- Financial aid is offered for the duration of 12 months full-time.
- The maximum cost per learner is up to R15 000 (VAT Incl.) per year for learners pursuing certificate courses at TVET institutions.
- The maximum cost per learner is up to R40 000 (VAT Incl.) per year for learners pursuing undergraduate diplomas and degrees.
- The PSiRA will not fund postgraduate studies.
- Previously funded learners must submit academic results and a statement reflecting the outstanding amount for the new year.
- The financial aid will only cover the tuition fees for the academic year 2024.
- Funding is strictly for children of security officers and not security officers.
The implementation of this financial aid will enable PSiRA to continue supporting access to higher education and training for the children of security officers.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their fully completed application forms (attached) by email to [email protected] for the attention of the Senior Manager: Human Capital Management. The closing date for applications is January 31, 2024.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2024
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.