KZN Department of Human Settlements Bursaries 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at KZN Department of Human Settlements Bursaries 2024/2025 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Human Settlements i is welcoming applications from South African students for the Bursary Programme for the academic year 2024.
About the KZN Department of Human Settlements Bursary:
The KZN Department of Human Settlements is offering bursaries for students who reside in KwaZulu-Natal and intend to study Construction Management. This bursary is aimed at individuals from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and vulnerable groups.
The bursary will provide financial support for students pursuing a Construction Management qualification.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
- Reside within Kwa-Zulu Natal province
- Come from a previously disadvantaged background and a vulnerable group
- Be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- Be studying or intend to study towards a Construction Management qualification
- Be studying or have been accepted/provisionally accepted to study at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution (or have a CAO application receipt)
- Have a strong academic record
How to Apply:
- Download and complete the KZN Department of Human Settlements Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf).
- Enter “StudentRoom” in the field asking how you heard about the KZN Department of Human Settlements bursary.
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form. The submission of these documents is compulsory; if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric mid-year results if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record if already studying
- Proof of registration/acceptance letter from the institution (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Motivational Letter to support your application
- Parents or guardians’ ID document/death certificates if deceased (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of household income (payslips if employed/proof of unemployment from the Department of Labour if unemployed/proof of SASSA payout/bank statement not older than 3 months)
- Proof of residence in KZN (letter from local leadership or councilor/utility bill with an affidavit from the South African Police Service (SAPS))
Application Submission: Applications can be submitted in either of the following ways:
- Hand delivery: Physical Address: The Department of Human Settlements 14th Floor, Eagle Building 353-363 Dr Pixley Kaseme St Durban, 4000 (Attention: Mrs V. Reddy: The Director: Organisational Development)
- Post: The Department of Human Settlements Human Resource Development Private Bag X54367 Durban, 4000
Please note that the closing date is not specified, so it’s advisable to apply as soon as possible.
Application Deadline: 15 November 2023
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.