Hortgro Bursaries 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at the Hortgro for 2023/2024 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Hortgro invites South African student to apply for Bursary Programme 2024 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 15 August 2023
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Science
- Horticulture (Production/ Post harvest)
- Marketing Specialist
- Plant Pathology
- Project Management
- Soil and Water Science
Hortgro is committed to the future of the agricultural sector and helps deciduous fruit growers to produce, market and sell high-quality produce. To achieve their goals, Hortgro requires trained, skilled and passionate people. One of the ways Hortgro achieves this is through their annual bursary programme.
Bursary recipients are expected to:
- Provide Hortgro with quarterly updates regarding their studies and general well-being
- Submit results each semester
- Maintain good behaviour throughout their studies
- Attend Hortgro functions
The bursary award is renewable each year, based on satisfactory academic performance.
Bursary recipients will have access to a mentor, who will provide motivation to help students throughout their studies.
Shortlisted candidates will be presented to a committee for final selection.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2024
- You must studying or registered to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must meet the admission requirements for your chosen course of study
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Hortgro Bursary Application 2024
Applicants are encouraged to also download and read the Hortgro Bursary Brochure (.pdf)
Shortlisted applicants may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation before the bursary is awarded. Hortgro may request further documents than the ones listed below:
- ID document or both sides of your ID Card (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on tertiary letterhead)
- Estimated breakdown of study fees (tuition, books and accommodation)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of any other financial assistance, bursaries or loans being received (if applicable)
- Essay with the following details (about yourself, brief details of your career plans, brief details of where you see yourself in the agricultural environment in the future, and why you should be awarded the bursary) (to be filled in on the application form in your own hand writing)
- 2 contactable references
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.