Gert-Johan Coetzee Bursaries 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at Gert-Johan Coetzee Bursaries 2024/2025 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Gert-Johan Coetzee invites eligible South African students to submit applications for the Bursary Programme for the academic year 2024.
About the Bursary:
- Duration: 3 years for Fashion Design studies at the North West School of Design, commencing on 31 January 2024.
- Expenses Covered: Covers 3 years of tuition fees at the North West School of Design and includes a Bernette sewing machine, totaling R204,900.
- Obligations: Recipients are required to complete two internship programs annually at the Gert Johan Coetzee studios during holidays.
- Selection Process: The North West School of Design will announce three finalists on 31 December 2023. Finalists will have a telephone or video interview with Gert Johan Coetzee, and the bursary winner will be announced on 5 January 2024.
- South African citizenship is a requirement.
- Current Matric students (in 2023) or those who have completed Matric with a Diploma exemption.
- Intention to study full-time for a 3-year Fashion Design course at the North West School of Design in Klerksdorp.
- Commencement of studies on 31 January 2024.
- Proficiency in English (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Must read the NWSD course prospectus.
How to apply
Applicants must follow these steps to apply:
Step 1: Record and upload a video to social media, by following these instructions:
- The video must be of yourself, dressed in your favourite style and describing your style, or showcasing one of your latest design sketches
- The video must include who you are and where you are from
- The video must tell us more about your style or your design sketch
- The video must be a maximum of 1 minute long
- The video must be uploaded to your social media accounts (Tik-tok and Instagram) and must use the following hashtags: #nwsd , #gert , #gertbursary2023 , #fashiondesign , #fashionbursary , #fashionschool
- The video must use these tags: @nwsdfashion and @gertjohancoetzee
Step 2: Complet the online application: Gert-Johan Coetzee Bursary Application 2024
Ensure that you adhere to all the application instructions and submit the required materials within the specified deadlines. The video and online application are both crucial components of the application process for this bursary opportunity.
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.