Gauteng Provincial Legislature (GPL) Internships 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for internship programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for internship programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest internship programmes at Gauteng Provincial Legislature (GPL) Internships 2024 and how to apply.
An internship is a period of work experience offered by an organization for a limited period of time. It is typically undertaken by students and graduates looking to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field. Employers benefit from these placements because they often recruit employees from their best interns, who have known capabilities, thus saving time and money in the long run.
Gauteng Provincial Legislature (GPL) invites South African unemployed graduates Internship Programme 2024.
Internship Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
The objective of the GPL Internship Programme is to assist graduates and people with qualifications to obtain workplace experience and for the GPL to contribute to the up skilling of individuals as per the Skills Development Act.
The duration of the GPL’s Internship programme is a 24 -month fixed term contract. The GPL has Internship opportunities in the following Business Areas:
- Communication – Reference No 01012024 (2 positions) (Preferred Qualification: Matric, and National Diploma or B-Degree in one of the following Areas: Media Studies, Communication Science, Graphic Design and Public Relations, a post graduate qualification will be an added advantage)
- Hansard – Reference No 02012024 (Preferred Qualification: Matric, and B- Degree in Languages or a National Diploma with specialisation in one of the following areas Translation and or interpreting and or Terminology Development, a post graduate qualification will be an added advantage)
- Intern: Members Affairs – Reference No 03012024 (Preferred Qualifications: Matric, and Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Business management, Human Resource Management, Political science, Customer Service)
- Intern: Members Relations – Reference No 04012024 (Preferred Qualifications: Matric, and Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Business management, Human Resource Management, Political science, Customer Service)
- Intern: Research – Reference No 05012024 (Preferred Qualifications: Matric, A bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Public Administration/Management or Governance, Economics/Development Studies, Political Science, Social Science, or any other relevant qualifications. Studying towards an honours degree will be advantageous)
- Intern: Sport and Recreation – Reference No 06012024 (Preferred Qualifications: Matric; A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in one of the following fields: Sports, Sports Management, Sports Coaching, Recreation and Exercise Science or any other relevant qualification.
- To align with employment equity targets and ensure that diversity is maintained at the GPL, ONLY People living with disability, Coloured, White and Indian applicants will be considered.
- The Gauteng Provincial Legislature seeks to appoint unemployed graduates as interns.
- Applicants must be South African citizens of the age 18-35 years.
- Must have no previous criminal convictions or pending cases.
- It remains the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Applicants are restricted to apply for only three positions that are most suitable to their qualification(s) and must submit a separate email per application with the post reference number as Subject. State the reference number of the positionGauteng Provincial Legislature you are applying for. One position per email.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
How to apply
To apply, forward a comprehensive CV with supporting Documents (i.e. Copy of ID and Qualifications) to [email protected]. Failure to submit required documents will result in the application not being considered.
DISCLAIMER: The Gauteng Provincial Legislature is committed to the achievement and maintenance of employment equity and diversity especially in respect of race, gender, and disability. People with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. Appointment will be made subject to completion of Suitability checks. The Secretary of the Legislature reserves the right to approve or decline the appointment.
Application Deadline: 03 February 2024
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.