FEM Bursaries 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at FEM Bursaries 2024/2025 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
FEM invites eligible South African students to submit applications for the Bursary Programme for the academic year 2024.
FEM is committed to developing the skills of individuals who express an interest to study towards qualifications that will contribute to our sector i.e. Faculty of Engineering & the Built Environment and the Faculty of Health Sciences.
Students must be performing well academically and should be in good financial standing with the University. The bursary is reserved for applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds and who do not have the means to fund their own studies.
- South African citizens only
- All students must be in good financial standing with their university i.e. no outstanding fees from the previous academic years
- Preference will be given to students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Combined household income must not exceed R 360 000,00 per annum
- Students with a good academic record
- Students who have been accepted to study at an approved institution or a South African public University
- Students must have successfully completed their first year of study i.e. no first year or post graduate students will be considered
FEM Bursary Benefits:
- Full time tuition
- Prescribed textbooks
- Monthly stipend
NB. Accommodation and meals – approval will be determined solely at the discretion of FEM.
How to apply
Required Documents :
- A valid South African ID
- Most recent official academic record
- Proof of income from your parents/guardians, e.g. payslips
- Social grant documentation
- Affidavit if any parent or guardian is unemployed or does not financially support you
- Death certificate of parent(s), if applicable
- Divorce certificate of parent(s), if applicable
Applications must be submitted online at: FEM Bursary Application 2024
Application Deadline: 20 December 2023
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.