De Beers Learnership Programme 2021 – How to Apply.
Our diamond sorters come from all walks of life. If you’d like to be part of a diverse team and think you have the commitment to become a diamond expert, we’d like to hear from you.
As products of nature, diamonds come in all sizes, shapes, colors and qualities. Each one is unique.
We sort and classify every diamond we recover. It is a highly skilled occupation requiring two years’ initial training before joining one of our professional sorting teams where you will develop further precision and consistency.
We support you every step of the way, giving you the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of diamonds and our business.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company and our leadership position is sustained by our people who develop their talents working alongside others in high-performing teams.
In return, we provide you with space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions. Job Description:
The Learnership is a work-based learning program that leads to a nationally recognized qualification that is directly related to an occupation. Learnerships combine a 30% structured learning component with a 70% practical work experience that is acquired while being employed with DBSSSA. Instruction will take place at the DBSSSA Diamond Academy, as an MQA accredited training provider.
As a Diamond Sorter Learner, you will be provided with the required learning and workplace experience that will enable you to obtain a FET Certificate in Diamond Design and Evaluation (NQF Level 4).
You will be required to:
- Sort and evaluate rough diamonds in a strictly controlled security environment.
- Adhere to all legislative requirements specified in the Learning Agreement.
- Take control of your training, to ask questions and seek answers.
- Demonstrate ability and competence as per learnership requirements within the scheduled duration of 12 months.
- Minimum educational qualification at Grade 12 with:
- Mathematics (minimum pass rate of 50%).
- Mathematical Literacy (minimum pass rate of 70%).
- English and one other language.
- Basic MS Office skills.
- Be prepared to operate in a strictly controlled security environment.
- Ability to carry out requirements of the associated occupational requirements.
- Successful completion of integrity testing assessments (Polygraph testing, Personal Vetting).
- Successful security clearance.
- Successful completion of pre-recruitment assessments as deemed necessary by the organization.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company, and we’re paving the way for our entire industry. You’ll join a team of more than 20,000 people across 28 countries, developing our expertise in everything from recovering diamonds to designing and selling beautiful diamond jewelry.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high-performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
- Applications must consist of a covering letter, updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of original qualifications, academic transcripts, and the applicant’s ID.