JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursaries 2023 / 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at the JB Marks Education Trust Fund for 2023/2024 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
JB Marks Education Trust Fund invites South African student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 / 2024 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 1 July 2023
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies, for NUM members and their dependents (children or spouse).
Every year, the JB Marks Education Trust Fund awards bursaries to NUM members and their dependents, for studies towards undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications. Each year, around 200 bursaries are awarded for undergraduate studies and around 50 bursaries are awarded for postgraduate studies.
The value of the bursary will be determined by 2 main factors: availability of funds and the students field of study.
Successful candidates will be contacted with an acceptance letter (via physical delivery, post or email), as well as to all NUM national branches. If you do not receive any correspondence or acceptance letter by 31 December 2023, and your name is not on the NUM regional list, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Please note the following terms and conditions before applying:
- The bursary award can NOT be used to pay off existing study loans or debts.
- If students drop out of their studies within the first 6 months, they will be required to pay back the bursary.
- If students change their course of study or their institution after the bursary has been awarded, the bursary will be immediately withdrawn.
- If students receive study funding from any other source, the bursary award will be cancelled and the student will be required to pay back the bursary.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a NUM member OR a dependent of a NUM member (including children and spouses)
- You must be studying towards an undergraduate qualification
- You must be studying at a recognised and registered public tertiary institution in South Africa (University, University of Technology or College – students from private institutes will NOT be funded)
- You must NOT currently be in receipt of any other funding
- You must be a NUM members who has NOT been previously funded by the Trust
- You must have graduated from undergraduate studies within the last 2 years
- You must be studying within a critical field of study
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursary Application 2024 (Undergraduate)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Applicants ID document (certified copy)
- Most recent results: Matric or tertiary (certified copy)
- NUM Members ID document (certified copy)
- NUM Members latest payslip
- Proof of acceptance from your institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of dependency if applicants surname is different from the NUM member (Abridged Birth Certificate/ Clinic Immunization Card/ Magistrate Guardianship letter/ Medical Aid Beneficiary Certificate/ Marriage Certificate)
Postgraduate students: applications are CLOSED (they will reopen in August 2023).
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.