SASRIA Bursaries 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at SASRIA Bursaries 2024/2025 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
South African Special Risk Insurance Association (SASRIA) invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2024
The bursary will cover studies in fields that the company deems as scarce skills, further hoping to assist in the establishment of a pipeline of talented young individuals.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies within the following fields:
- BIT-Bachelor of Information Technology in Business Science and Mathematics
- Business Economics
- Information Technology (BSc)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for the bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate degree within one of the fields of study listed above
- You must achieve a minimum overall average of 70% (B symbol) in Matric
- You must be entering your first year of study in 2024
- You must intend on studying at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Sasria Bursary Application 2024
Enter “StudentRoom.co.za” in the field asking how you heard about the Sasria bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID Document – both sides (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest Grade 12 report (Term 1, 2 or 3), if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians ID Documents (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (most recent payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit declaring monthly income if self-employed/ affidavit or death certificate if deceased) (certified copies)
- Motivational letter to support your application (about yourself, your academic and leadership achievements and why should you be considered for the bursary)
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.