Southern African Weed Science Society (SAWSS) Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursary programmes at the Southern African Weed Science Society (SAWSS) for 2023 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Southern African Weed Science Society (SAWSS) invites qualifying student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Bursaries will be awarded for postgraduate degree studies, in the broad field of Weed Science.
Each year, 2 bursaries are awarded each year to the value of R25 000 each, per student.
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the SAWSS executive committee, before a final decision is made. The SAWSS reserves the right not to award bursaries.
Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of university registration before the bursary award is paid. They will also be required to submit official results at the end of the study year.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be from one of the SADC countries (South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Malawi, Lesotho, DRC, Angola, Mozambique, Mauritius, Tanzania, Seychelles and Swaziland),
- You must be registered to study towards a full-time postgraduate degree in the broad field of weed science (diploma studies will NOT be covered)
- You must be registered to study at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
- You must be a paid-up student member of the SAWSS
- You must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in your previous study year’s course work, towards your postgraduate degree (if applicable)
How to apply
Download and complete the SAWSS Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic records (on institutions letterhead)
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor (read our tips on how to get a reference letter/ testimonial for your bursary application)
- Motivational letter (written by the student, of between 300 and 400 words, explaining their interest in weed science) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- A completed SAWSS Membership Form (.pdf)
Applications must be posted to:
The SAWSS Secretary
PO Box 180
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.