South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursary programmes at South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) for 2022/2023 and how to apply.
A bursaryis a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies, within these fields:
- Civil Engineering (Diploma / BSc / BEng / BEng Tech / PG Diploma / MEng)
- Electronic Engineering (Diploma / BSc / BEng)
- Environmental Science (BSc)
- Human Resources (Diploma / Advanced Diploma / BCom / BCom Hons)
- Supply Chain Management (Advanced Diploma)
Full and partial bursaries will be awarded (depending on the students need), to cover the following expenses:
- Full bursary: registration fees, tuition fees, study material and equipment, accommodation, meals, a living allowance and access to the wellness programme.
- Partial bursary: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation and access to the wellness programme.
Scholars will receive the full or partial bursary depending on the outcome of the means test. The means test is a formula that is applied to determine the amount of financial assistance SANRAL will provide. A family contribution may be required, depending on the outcome of the means test.
Scholars will be selected based on these main criteria: academic performance and financial need (to be determined by SANRAL’s Bursary Policy’s requirements). SANRAL may also make use of other applicable conditions when making the final decision in awarding the bursary.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interviews. Successful candidates will receive award letters. Candidates who do not receive any feedback 31 January 2023, should consider their application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must NOT be older than 35 years of age
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or accepted to study full-time towards one of the undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications listed above
- You must be studying or accepted to study at a recognised and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa (Universities, Universities of Technology or TVET College)
- Matric students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- University students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must have proven financial need
- You must NOT be currently receiving any other bursary funding that covers registration, tuition, accommodation, travel, meals and books (if applying for the full SANRAL bursary)
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
How to apply
Download and complete the SANRAL Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document or birth certificate (certified copy)
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Current Matric students: 2022 term 1 and 2 results (certified copy)
- Current Tertiary students: full academic record on institutions letterhead (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration for 2023
- Motivational letter written by the applicant (stating why you deserve the bursary and about yourself: 2 pages)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (recent payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed or self-employed)
- Parents or guardians proof of residence (water and electricity bill from the local council)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Ms R Erasmus at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “SANRAL Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.
Warning: Undefined array key "mts_social_button_layout" in /home/u487778199/domains/sainformant.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/mts_schema/functions/theme-actions.php on line 461