Saldanha Bay Municipality Firefighter Learnerships 2023/2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Learnerships programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for the Learnerships programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Learnerships programmes at the Saldanha Bay Municipality Firefighter Learnerships 2023/2024 and how to apply.
A Learnerships Programmes can be described as a training programme that consists of both theoretical and practical elements. It offers a way for you to gain work experience, as well as an NQF registered qualification. This relates directly to an occupation or field of work.
Saldanha Bay Municipality invites unemployed youth to apply for Firefigher Learnersahip Programme 2023 / 2024.
Salary scale: T6 (R152 533.56 – R197 995.08 p.a.)
Duties will entail: Performs a variety of tasks associated with responding to and dealing with firefighting emergencies. Operating and maintaining firefighting equipment and apparatus.
Maintaining fire station facilities under supervision and related work as required in order to protect the lives and property of the citizens of Saldanha Bay Municipality in accordance with the Fire Brigade Services Act (Act 99 of 1987) .
- Grade 12
- No experience required
- Code B driver’s license Advantageous
- No criminal record
- Physically and mentally fit
- Medical test NFPA 1582
- Candidate physical ability test (CPAT)
- Preference will be given to applicants with firefighter 1 certificate.
Community and customer focus• Problem solving • Negotiation and influencing • Resilience • Communication •Ethics and professionalism
Firefighting • Rescue operations • Special operations • Fire safety and prevention• Safety and welfare • Emergency medical care • Call taking and dispatch • Interpersonal relationships
Service delivery orientation • Action and outcome orientation • Change readiness •Cognitive ability • Learning orientation • Impact and influence • Team orientation •Direction setting • Coaching and mentoring.
How to apply
In terms of the Local Government Municipal Staff Regulations, regulation 13, all appointments will be subject to a 6 months’ probation period.
- All applications should be accompanied by a completed application form (obtainable from our Human Resource office or website: www.sbm.gov.za) clearly reflecting the name of the position applying for; a comprehensive CV; a certified copy of your ID, driver’s license and educational qualifications.
- No original documents attached to the application will be safe kept/returned.
- Applications without afore – mentioned will not be considered.
- Applications should be forwarded to Human Resource Services, Private Bag X12, Vredenburg, 7380 or via email to: [email protected].
- Applications/Supporting documents larger that 2MB sent via email are not accommodated.
- For the implementation of the Employment Act, candidates are encouraged to indicate their race, gender and disability.
- No late applications will be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates, If you have not received a response within 3 (three) months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- All appointments are subject to a medical assessment, criminal record and reference checks from previous and current employer(s).
- The Council beholds the right to make an appointment.
Application Deadline: 08 June 2023
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.