KZN Film Commission Bursaries 2024 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at KZN Film Commission Bursaries 2024/2025 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
KZN Film Commission invites South African students to apply for Bursary Programme 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies in KwaZulu-Natal, within the following fields:
- Film and Television Production (at Undergraduate level)
- Animation-related studies (at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside with KwaZulu-Natal province
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a TV and Film Production or Animation qualification
- You must be studying or registering to study at a recognised and accredited public tertiary institution, in KwaZulu-Natal
- Preference will be given to: students living with disabilities and previously disadvantaged students
How to apply
Download and complete the KZN Film Commission Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed bursary application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric June 2023 results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance at a tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal (on institutions letterhead)
- Institution’s fee schedule for 2024 (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips or letter of employment if employed/ proof of SASSA grant if applicable/ pension slip if on pension/ affidavit if unemployed etc) (not older than 3 months)
- Proof of disability, if disabled (letter from a doctor)
- Motivational letter explaining why you chose this field of study and why you should receive a bursary (include details of achievements / academic prizes or awards if applicable)
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected]
(Please insert the words “KZN Film Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Application Deadline: 27 October 2023
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.