Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa (ILASA): Bursaries 2022/2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at the Sample for 2022/2023 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa (ILASA) invites South African students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 08 November 2022
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a Degree in Landscape Architecture (at Undergraduate or Postgraduate level).
Bursaries will be awarded based on these main criteria: academic results, financial need, university requirements, availability of funds and the ILASA bursary policy.
The bursary will provide partial cover, towards the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and residence fee (in exceptional circumstance). ILASA awards a maximum bursary amount of R40 000 per student.
Bursary awards will be paid directly to tertiary institutions and other relevant service providers.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a South African naturalized citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Landscape Architectural degree (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutions, which is registered and accredited with SACLAP (South African Council of the Landscape Architectural Profession): University of Cape Town, Cape Peninsula University of Technology or University of Pretoria
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in your previous year of study
- You must have proven financial need
- Preference will be given to financially needy students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Download the ILASA Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or official company letter confirming income if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ financial balance sheet if self-employed) (certified copies)
- Official academic record from school/ tertiary institution for previous years of study (certified copy)
- Motivational letter to support your application (including details of your academic ability, financial need and future career plans) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
NOTES ABOUT THE ILASA BURSARY
- Successful applicants will be required to sign the ILASA Bursary Agreement after the bursary has been awarded.
- Applicants must read the ILASA Bursary Policy
- All applicants will receive an email to confirm receipt of their application.
- Final selections are made by the ILASA NEC.
- Successful candidates will be contacted – thereafter, unsuccessful candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants are requested to keep all original copies of documents submitted for the bursary application, as they will be requested when awarding the bursary.
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.
Warning: Undefined array key "mts_social_button_layout" in /home/u487778199/domains/sainformant.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/mts_schema/functions/theme-actions.php on line 461