Eastern Cape Provincial Treasury Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at the Eastern Cape Provincial Treasury for 2023/2024 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Eastern Cape Provincial Treasury invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 / 2024 academic year
Bursary Application closing date is 05 May 2023.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the Eastern Cape, for undergraduate studies within the following fields:
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Internal Auditing
The programme was created to identify strategic development and training needs that will aid in the corporation’s core business skills capacity. The programme also hopes to improve and enhance the departments need for improved service delivery, honing in on training and development.
Through this, the bursary scheme will focus on specific disciplines, namely those relating to: Accounting, Economic Policy Research and Analysis, Financial Information Systems, and Financial Management.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Eastern Cape province
- You must have completed Matric (NSC) with admission to a National Diploma/ Bachelor Degree
- You must have achieved the following minimum results in Matric:
- level 5 for English Home Language OR level 4 for English First Additional Language
- level 5 for Mathematics OR level 6 for Mathematics Literacy
- level 6 for Accounting
- level 6 for Economics
- You must be studying towards an undergraduate degree or national diploma (NQF level 6 or 7 with a minimum of 360 credits), within one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be studying full-time at a public tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be in financial need with a combined household income of NOT more than R378 765 per year
- Preference will be given to students living with disabilities, who have not been represented in the department’s previous awards
How to apply
Students who meet all of the above criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation when applying (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- An application letter with the reference number “ECPT/BURSARIES/2023”
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate and final results (certified copy)
- Proof of admission from your institution, for the 2023 academic year (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (certified copy)
- Parents death certificate, if deceased and affidavit to confirm the guardian
- Proof of residence
- Proof of disability, if applicable (and your application letter must stipulate what type of disability you are living with)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email to: [email protected] OR [email protected]
– Hand delivery:
Office 4046, 4th Floor
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.