Dept of Transport Unisa Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at the Dept of Transport Unisa for 2023/2024 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
The Department of Transport, partnered with UNISA invites South African students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 03 February 2023
The programme aims to aid candidates in achieving their academic and tertiary goals within the Transport sector and will fund studies at UNISA, within the following fields:
- Civil Engineering (Advanced Diploma)
- Civil Engineering (Diploma)
- Logistics (BCom)
- Transportation Economics (BCom)
- Logistics (Honours)
- Transport Economics (Honours)
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees and prescribed textbooks. The bursary will NOT fund failed modules or modules which have to be repeated.
Bursar recipients must reapply for funding each year. The bursary award may be cancelled if the bursary recipient fails their studies.
Candidates will be selected by the selection committee, and will be informed of the outcome of their application via their myLife email account.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for the bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must NOT be older than 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying at UNISA
- You must be registered to study towards one of the qualifications listed above, at undergraduate or postgraduate level (NQF level 6 to 8)
- You must have achieved an average of at least 50% in your previous year of study
- You must have passed 50% or more in your previous year of registered/ funded modules (if you are a returning bursary recipient)
- You must be unemployed
How to apply
Download and complete the Department of Transport Bursary Application Form 2023 (.docx)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (if applicable)
- Latest academic transcript/ record on official letterhead with university logo, if already studying (certified copy)
- Proof of income for person responsible for your needs (parent/ guardian)
Note: all certified copies must be no older than 6 months.
Applications must be submitted via your myLife email account, by email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Department of Transport Bursary 2023” in the email subject line).
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.