Compensation Fund Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
The Compensation Fund invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 31 March 2023
Are you an unemployed person who suffered an occupational injury or disease and, consequently, acquired a permanent disablement?
Do you wish to improve your skills to return to work or be self-employed?
Are you a Dependant of a COID pensioner/COID Person with Disabilities (PWD)/Dependant of a COID Pensioner (COID PWD) or dependent of a fatally injured worker wanting to further your studies at a Public Post School Education and Training (PSET) Institution?
The Compensation Fund is inviting unemployed persons who suffered occupational injuries or diseases and, as a result, acquired a permanent disablement, dependants of COID Persons with Disabilities and dependants of fatally injured workers to apply for the Compensation Fund Bursary opportunity.
The applicants must have been accepted at a recognised Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College, Community Education and Training (CET) College or Higher Education Institution
Preference will be given to the unemployed people who acquired a permanent disablement due to occupational injuries/ diseases, Not in Employment, Education and Training (NEETS) and the dependants of COID Persons with Disabilities/Dependents of fatally injured workers who excel in their studies and/or demonstrate potential.
If you do not receive any response from the Compensation Fund within two months after submitting your application, consider your application (as likely) unsuccessful.
THE BURSARY COVERS:
- Tuition fees,
- Prescribed Learning Material
- Monthly Stipend, and
- Accommodation Institution accredited)
The award is renewable every year-for the duration of the study programme ervolled depending on the availability of funds and academic performance of successful applicants
COID Pensioners/Unemployed Persons who have acquired permanent disablement due to occupational injuries/diseases (Working age) Dependants of COID pensioner/dependents
COID beneficiaries with a permanent disablement not yet classified as COID Pensioners (17-25 years)
- Unemployed Persons who have acquired permanent disablement due to occupational injuries / diseases dependants of COID persons with disabilities/ COID dependants of fatally injured workers
- South African citizens
- Fully completed application form
- Proof of residence
- Claim number
- Certified copies of identity document of the applicant, parents) or guardians Identity document/death certificate (COID Persons
- Grade 12 June results highest school grade of qualification
- Proof of acceptance from public Post School Education and Training (PSET)
- Students must be enrolled to study on a full-time basis, and only under exceptional circumstances students with disabilities shall be allowed to study part-time
- Proof of unemployment letter from Department of Employment and Labour/or Affidavit
- Certification and verification of physical disability by a Health Care Professional or Disability Support Office / forms (Final medical report)
Applicants may be subjected to a psychometric assessment
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS BURSARY OPPORTUNITY
Download and complete the respective bursary application form with a full list of the study fields to be funded from the links at the end of this post (or visit your nearest Provincial Labour Centre for the application form).
Unemployed Persons who have acquired permanent disablement due to occupational injuries/diseases are not restricted to the qualifications.
LEARNING PROGRAMMES/ QUALIFICATIONS
Programmes that will enable an unemployed COID pensioner/PWD to be (reintegrated into the workplace or be self-employed Funded Qualifications See page 5 of the application form
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES, ASSISTANCE AND ADVICE, PLEASE CONTACT
Mr Fani on 012 319 9264/ 012 319 5774 or email to [email protected], WhatsApp to 082 937 2062.
In addition, COID Persons with Disabilities (Injured Workers) struggling to gain access to the training institutions due to the level of education and other barriers can contact our offices for advice/further assistance/organised Vocational Training
The following officials can be reached:
- Mr Mashubuku on (012) 319 9264 [LP, NW, MP, GP, NC]
- Mr Chakalane on (012) 319 9124 (FS, KZN, WC, EC, GP)
How to apply
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA
Post Office/ Courier: The Sub-Directorate Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Employment and Labour, Compensation Fund, Private Bag x955,
Hand deliver: at 167 Thabo Sehume and Madiba Street,
Delta Heights Building.
Email: [email protected]
The bursary is open throughout the 2022/2023 financial year however, applicants are encouraged to send their 2023 Academic Year applications on/ before the 31 March 2023.
Here are the application forms: