Armscor Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursaries programmes at the Armscor for 2023/2024 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Armscor, partnered with the Defence industry invites applications from South Africa students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 27 February 2023
The Armscor Bursary Scheme aims to address the lack of critical skills in science and engineering skills, of the defence industry.
Bursaries will be awarded to students from a previously disadvantaged background, who are interested in pursuing a career in the defence industry – particularly the following fields within the Engineering and Science sector:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- Ergonomics Science
- Human Kinetics
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Marine Engineering
- Material Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Naval Engineering
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation and meals.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to partake in vacation work, during university holidays, where possible.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time, towards a qualification within one of the fields listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute within South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be interested in pursuing a career within the defence industry
- You must have achieved a minimum of levels 5 in Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of levels 6 in Physical Science in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of levels 7 in English in Matric
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
How to apply
Download and complete the application form in either of the following formats:
Armscor Bursary Application Form 2023 (.doc)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead: certified copy)
- Proof of registration (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or employment letter if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit if an informal trader/ proof of SASSA grant if applicable/ death certificate if deceased)
- Covering letter, stating the following: your field of study and what motivated you to choose to study in your field
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Armscor Bursary Application- Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Senior Manager: Learning & Organisation Development
Private Bag X337
Shortlisted candidates will also be required to submit the following documents before the bursary is awarded:
- Matric final results/ certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance or registration at University (on institutions letterhead)
- Student number
- Fees statement, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
Was this information helpful? Do you want to be notified when we publish new articles? If yes, don’t hesitate to like our page on Facebook for timely and latest updates.